Monday, March 10, 2014

Trying to keep my excitement managable...

Hello March Madness and what it’s already March 10th! This means I have 67 days until Jacksonville, roughly 58 days to ride over 335 miles, 35 more days of work, $1365 more dollars to raise, and excitement that just keeps building!!

So what happened in February?
*I raised an additional $2000!
*I miserably failed at getting on my bike and riding any serious amount of miles.
*I continued volunteering with Habitat for Humanity.
*I tried a 3rd saddle and still didn't like the fit.
*I have sewed lots and lots of cheerful spring birds for folks that have donated. I also got t shirts and have been making thanks you cards gallore!
*Getting to know the other riders on SUS and they are all amazing!!! I can't wait to meet them all in person.

Goals for March:
*Have a fundraising brunch with my soccer teams.
*Ride my bike over 100 miles. And get a bike fit session.
* Send out at least 20 more letters.
*Hang posters about the ride at some local shops.
*Reach $4000!
*Bike some more!

T-shirts for donors who contribute $100. They were donated by friends who own a screen printing shop. They are awesome!

The bird on the far right is what I am giving to folks that contribute $50. I was getting tired of making birds so a friend came over and we made dinosaurs and chickens also, then for more change I made a goat.

Close up of the shirt logo I created.
Thanks for reading!

1 comment: