Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My new Bike!

What happened to June-uary? A week of ice, a week of rain and now another week of rain. It is making it very difficult to want to get on my fenderless bicycle. And speaking of getting on a bike, check out what showed up on my porch yesterday!!
Giant bike box, with a GIANT bike.

Can't wait to do some commuting on this bike. I will be adding a rack so I can carry my work clothes.


I have never had to put a bike together before, and I am not that great of a bike mechanic either, so I decided to wait for some help. I also took some key photos so I could remember how to put the bike back in the box when the time comes in May.

  
How to zip tie and protect it all... I never would have thought of the zip ties.



And Wa-La! It was actually really straight forward to put together and came with all 3 of the tools you needed. The hardest part was aligning the handlebars, but that was because I took off the funny sticker with the arrow on it, then read the other sticker that said, "Align arrows". Oops, at least it's something I can adjust when I am riding.

This lady is going to see some miles and the beautiful South with me! (but first I will be adding some pedals)

No comments:

Post a Comment